For me Valentine’s Day is really about my girlfriends…married or not, I think this holiday is the perfect time to recognize your friendships.
Giving something handmade is so very special. It shows that you’ll take time out of your busy life to make something special! What better way to show a friend how much you care for them.
My Handmade Valentine Cards
Tips on making your own cards
1. Be creative with your papers-use gift wrap, textured paper, cardstock…go for it
2. Load up the layers…like with all good design, there are several layers to add depth, interest and style
3. Use stamps and different color ink pads
4. Find some fun stickers, but limit yourself, so doesn’t end up looking cheap
5. Add some shine with rhinestones and glitter glue
5. Use finer tip sharpie markers
6. Ribbons & Lace add so much
7. Make sure you have supplies: scissors, decorative scissors, glue & a hole punch
8. Don’t make your cards all the same. Think about who you are giving your card to and let their personality inspire you.
9. If you are going to mail your card then make sure the envelope is cute as well…pink or red and add a nice sticker next to their name. Don’t forget to use a colorful marker.
10. Give your self time. The layers of glue need to dry sometimes over night. Ink needs to dry as well. Give yourself weeks that way you can run to the store to pick up one more thing to add!
Happy Valentine’s Day!