I’ve found that if you can plan for creating or finding the perfect gift to give it is so much more meaningful than picking up that last minute gift. Here are things to think about when you want to give the perfect gift.
1. Think about the personality of your friend. Are they more fun, serious, foodie, athletic, country…etc. Don’t shop for yourself, think about what they would like.
2. Start early. Give yourself enough time to either make or find a meaningful gift.
3. You could get one large gift or a collection of smaller gifts. For example if you want to give a pamper theme gift, then why not put together a local handmade soap, bath bomb, mixed with lotion, cuticle cream and nail polish, nail files, and so much more. I would place all these items wrapped in tissue in a pretty toiletry bag, which is wrapped in a box. I would tie it all off with a pretty ribbon and ornament that gives a clue as to the theme.
4. Find something they don’t already have…who wants one more candle if they already have the perfect one? Think outside the box. If your friend enjoys jewelry and they have a lot already, then give them a special glass monogram box that they can place their special jewelry in, even better if you add a piece of jewelry!
5. Spend within your budget. You don’t have to break the bank to give a great gift. Some of my favorite gifts to give have been meaningful photos in a frame, framed computer made art, photo books and home baked goods.
6. Be creative when it comes to your gifts…if you can make it then add something store bought that pairs well with your gift. For example, I made a sign on my computer and printed it myself and spent my money on the frame.
7. For me the gift is the entire package, meaning the gift, wrapping and card~ they must all be fabulous and meaningful. Don’t skimp on the delivery of the gift. There is nothing more tacky than getting a great gift in a random gift bag. If you have a theme gift then make sure there is a common thread through the entire experience.