If you’re sick of looking at your run down, outdated or just boring room in your home, I’m with you. I have the tendency to put away items seasonly and add some fresh items of color and texture. Styles change so I like to add a new item or two to my room in addition to seasonal flowers. I love real stems but I also used faux. If used correctly, they can have a fresh and great impact on your room.
To freshen a dull room:
- Fill holes & paint them in for a cohesive complete room
- If you want to change out your paint color then do it-you won’t regret it
- Get rid off all clutter (I can’t stress enough-most important)- items you don’t like, use or are functional in your room
- Consider rearranging your furniture
- Add new throw pillow and blankets for color and texture
- Update family pictures in your frames
- Add seasonal flowers & accessories (such a shells, drift wood, or any other collections)
- Change out your lighting-lamp shades and or your over head lighting could be cleaned or updated
This before and after has a lot of changes but some simple ones any body could do.
- Paint made a big difference in this living room
- Painting the mantel softened the wall
- Mirror and art swapped out
- Larger rug to create a bigger feeling room
- If you don’t have it in your budget to change your chairs and sofas, consider reapolsetry and arrangement
If you find this to be all too much, then get help. Set a price & stick within that range to change your dull room to a space that makes you happy. There isn’t anything better than loving the space you live in.
I love working with people already own. That way it’s more affordable and may take some imagination and leg work but in the long run you’d be surprised at how things can be transformed.